The Nigeria Air Force on Sunday released the names of officers who died in the Beechcraft Kingair B350i plane crash.
The Nigerian Air Force spokesman, Ibikunle Daramola released the names of the officers that died in that ill fated crash as:
1. Flight Lieutenant Haruna Gadzama (Captain).
2. Flight Lieutenant Henry Piyo (Co-pilot).
3. Flying Officer Micheal Okpara (Airborne Tactical Observation System specialist).
4. Warrant Officer Bassey Etim (ATOS specialist)
5. Flight Sergeant Olasunkanmi Olawunmi (ATOS specialist).
6. Sergeant Ugochukwu Oluka (ATOS specialist).
7. Aircraftman Adewale Johnson (Onboard Technician).
The Minna bound jet crashed close to the runway of the Abuja airport after reporting engine failure.
Nigerian Air Force spokesman further said that the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Oladayo Amao, has ordered an immediate probe of the accident.
“This is to confirm that a Nigerian Air Force Beechcraft KingAir B350i aircraft crashed while returning to the Abuja Airport after reporting engine failure enroute Minna. First responders are at the scene. Sadly, all 7 personnel on board died in the crash,” he said.
“The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Oladayo Amao, has ordered an immediate investigation into the incident.
“While urging the general public to remain calm and await the outcome of investigation, the CAS, on behalf of all NAF personnel, commiserates with the families of the deceased.”
May the souls of the departed rest in peace!